Friday, December 19, 2014

Setbacks make us Stronger

     I have been thinking a lot lately about setbacks and how sometimes we need a little of motivation.  Setbacks come when we least except them too, but the thing that will get us through it is HOPE.  I am telling you avid blog readers this today, because yesterday I went to the doctor for a heel issue.  I was thinking it was only a stone bruise, but it turns out I somehow sprained my posterior tibial.  I am happy to say I am wearing a lovely boot cast and with this cast I will still be able to do my photography.  YAY!  I will still be able to do normal things.  The only setback I have is that I will have to lighten up on exercise (nothing to hardcore).  When I first heard that I was definitely disappointed, but then I began thinking this gives me a lot of time to explore new things.
     Here are some of the things I began thinking of: I will be able to do some research on my next photography job and maybe try to make something similar to it.  I will be able to work on social media, and take new pictures.  This past Tuesday, even though my heel was hurting I went to explore my cousin's farm and was able to take some pictures of the horses.  I have been around horses when I rode them when I was in elementary school and even when I attended camp.  The thing I really enjoyed was the horse let me pet him or her.  The experience of seeing any animal again (after many years) and them letting you touch him or her is so rewarding.  I was able to watch them eat.  Yes, I do not want to walk around with a boot for 4 weeks, but I am able to still do things which makes me thankful.  Here are a few pictures of the horses and the farm from the other day.




Thank you for reading my blog! Please follow me on FacebookTwitterInstagram, and Etsy.  Happy Holidays from Allie Ray Photography!

No comments:

Post a Comment