Wednesday, September 24, 2014

A Pat on the Back

     I feel like every once in a while we all deserve to give ourselves a pat on the back.  I am saying this, because for the past 5 to 6 years I have always acted like the month of September does not exist. I know that sounds crazy, right.  Well, I am just so overjoyed that this month I was able to help some family friends finish their Christmas card.  I know this seems very early, but think about all the hard work that is put into a Christmas card every year.  We try to find a picture that everyone in the family agrees on.  In my family I somehow got the short end of the stick a few years running.  If I could I would shred every last one of that particular card.  My dad has this one framed in his office (its not there anymore).  The Christmas cards are sent out to all your parents friends and family.  Peoples addresses change so we have to find the new address, buy the stamps, mail them, and the post office is sometimes slow over the Holidays.
     Enough with why I would start early on Christmas cards and back to my business.  I am a very shy person so I sometimes feel like my family who loves me a ton is worried that I will never get my business to where I really want it to be.  That is why I have signed up for Birmingham Art Crawl.  This way I can try and get myself out of my lovely shell.  I have to admit I am nervous, but I know that this will be a good thing for me.  It will help me with discussing my work without someone trying to explain it for me.  I will also get a feel for what people like when it comes to art and photography.  I have no clue how the event will turn out, but I will let you know that I am creating a few new pieces for it.



As always please follow my Facebook page and Instagram to find out more about my work. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment