Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Opportunities in September!

     I can honestly say that I would never have dreamed that I would have entered myself in not one but three art shows in basically a one month time frame.  But I did and I am so excited that I did.  I had so much fun at the Highlands Country Club Art Show that helps raise money for a scholarship fund.  During this after show week I made a few more connections, saw some of the people who have been supporting me for years and took photos for more of my handmade work.
     I already knew I was going to be in another art show near the same location as the Highlands Country Club Art Show towards the end of September so I started making my digital skins before I left for my first art show.  The art show at the end of September is called Tartan Marketplace and I am thrilled to be a part of it.  But more about that one probably on my social media sites.
     The one I am very excited about is this weekend in my hometown called the Birmingham Artwork.  It takes place over two days in downtown Birmingham.  The dates are Friday, September 8th and Saturday, September 9th.  When I got the email last weekend they had found a place to put me I was thrilled.  I knew it was short notice, but it is such an exciting opportunity to exhibit my work.  These opportunities help me get my name out there and to tell people about my handmade artwork.  I have no idea what will happen at the art shows in September.  I know though that I will have to do a lot of promoting for the next couple month!  

The entrance to the art show at Highlands Country Club

My art work at the Highlands Country Club art show


For more news follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram 

#artshows #alabamaphotographer #handmadart #allierayphotography #birminghamartwalk2017

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That is so exciting! What a great way to showcase all your artwork! Your art is so beautiful! Best of luck this weekend!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, Alice!! Participating in the Birmingham Art Show is going to be so much fun. I hope that it is a huge success for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love art shows! So fun to see all the different and unique talent in your home town!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Birmingham art show is something that looks so awesome, I would have been thrilled to be a part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting! Congrats on being part of the Birmingham art show! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to keep motivated and showing your work! Being in art shows makes is so much more meaningful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you! I've always wanted to enter an art show. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love art shows! Always so exciting to see everyone's work and their talents at use!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love to attend art shows. I wish you all the best with your entries!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your art show! So lovely that you are able to share your passion with others and be in a room of like minded artists.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on not only going through the submission process but making it in to three art shows! What a great way to share your gift and talents.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whew it sounds like it's a busy month for you! But that's really awesome that you are getting so many opportunities to make connections and show off your work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! I know that you will do great at the art show. Good luck on some great connections.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love finding treasures and talent at art shows! Hope yours will be fun and successful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. that is so exciting! these art shows are going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations. Your artwork is very beautiful. All the best

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't imagine how amazing it would be to be part of an art show. Your work is gorgeous! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. this must have been exciting getting your work out there! great job

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on putting yourself out there! It's going to be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete