Monday, July 31, 2017

August is for Art Shows

     As July is coming to a close and August is about to begin I am so happy to begin getting ready for an art show that I have participated in for the last five years in Highlands, NC.  Each year at this art show I always feel like I have a great audience of people who really show an interest in my work.  They also try to find me and ask me questions about my work which I am always happy to answer.  But I have to tell you when I am explaining my artwork they all look 100% confused.
     Art shows sometimes can be nerve-wrecking, because for some of them we have to fill out an application.  We have to wait to see if we will be partaking in the event.  If it is an art show that has a party along with it or a festive theme more people come to see the art.  Sometimes though it is all about how much you as an artist promote the event and your work.  Every time I prepare myself for an art show whether it is in my hometown or I am traveling to it -- 'I say to myself I will be happy if I sell one or if someone is interested in my work.'  I try to make sure I relax and remember that it is a process becoming an ARTIST ---- it does not happen over night and never give up.  Another key thing to remember is to always be patient when people begin asking you about your work.  You might get the same question over and over again.  The more you are willing to talk to people about your work, the more they will want to work with you as an artist and as a person.

Some of my gold and silver work you might see at the Art Show in North Carolina!






Thank you for reading and as always follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

30 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the art show! Your work is absolutely beautiful! So excited to hear how it goes- if only i lived close enough to attend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful paintings!! Do you do custom pieces? You're very talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do make custom pieces. These are actually not paintings. They are photographs that I print on digital skins that I place on woodblocks covered with silver or gold leaf.

      Delete
  3. you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the art show! These are some absolutely gorgeous pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is beautiful. Congratulations on the art show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love going to art shows! these are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful work, I love going to art shows and will recognize your work when I see it! Love your tones and texture. (Fellow NC gal here!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so cool you are from NC also. I from Alabama but I go to NC a lot to show my work during vacation trips.

      Delete
  8. I love going to local art shows! As a watercolorist, I agree that we, as artists, need to be open to talking to people about it and not be hurt or offended if people don't buy it. I'm kind of like you, if I can just inspire one person to appreciate art.. then that's pretty great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love watercolor. I wish I was better at painting with them. It always looks like a blob of color when I finish so that is why I took up photography and use experimental printing to help print my work!

      Delete
  9. I love going to art shows to see all of the local talent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are very talented, the art show is fortunate to have you participate :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Art shows are so great! Love creativity :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I try to express myself using my art.

      Delete
  12. Good luck at the art show!! Your work is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow beautiful artwork! Best of luck with your art show this year -- it sounds like it is an amazing experience to get to know people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And yes I love getting to know the people who like my work.

      Delete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your work is beautiful. Have fun at the art show!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cool process you have for making your art! Highlands, NC seems like a wonderful place for an art show. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Art shows are so much fun! I hope this upcoming one is amazing for you as it sounds like it has been the last five times. Your work is beautiful and I'm intrigued about the way you create it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh my goodness congratulations! your work is so lovely. I really would like to start attending more art shows.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! You are so talented. Beautiful art work and it's amazing that you got an opportunity to showcase it

    ReplyDelete