Friday, December 4, 2015

Busy Season!

     It is Christmas time again when most all photographers are busy editing, working on commissions, and starting to prepare for a new year of business.  We begin with renewing our business licenses and making sure everyone has paid their bill.  We also need to make sure we are not rushed in any way possible so that everything goes to our clients looking fabulous.
     Last night I was working on commissions for a client praying they turned out well after they printed.  After doing that I emailed another client photos we had been discussing to be printed which she responded in the morning.  Finishing tasks that are either small or big has allowed me to prepare for more commissions and more time to plan for extra photo shoots.
     Now, I do not know how you enjoy editing your work, but sometimes listening to music or watching a funny TV show helps me.  This also allows me to judge how long I have been working so I able to take small short breaks.  I would not suggest anyone to get consumed with your work.  Breaks can help us all refocus our energy and we can see something that might need to be fixed with fresh eyes.  So remember it is the holiday season wear a tacky Christmas sweater and have fun with taking photographs.  Enjoy the holiday season photographers!

Enjoy some recent photographs and work I have done.

A piece I did for a family that I met in Highlands, NC

Family Reunion Thanksgiving 2015

A proud great-grandfather with his youngest great-grandson


As always follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.  Have a great holiday season and stayed tuned for more photography news!

No comments:

Post a Comment