Monday, August 10, 2015

Back-Up, Back-Up, Back-Up

     Throughout the last couple of weeks I have been using all my free time to edit photographs that I have taken in my free time.  Another thing I was able to accomplish was putting all of my sister's wedding photographs onto another USB drive.  Why would I do this?  One reason I did this is because my mom wants a copy and my sister does.  Another reason is because a professor one time suggested more than once that you should always back-up, back-up, back-up.  He said he kept one copy in a safety deposit box and then in two other places for safe keeping.  I have of course thought of doing this several times, but you know we do not always do what we think or do what our teachers say we should do.
     I have been thinking about what to write in this blog for awhile now and yes, I did want to stay stuff about backing-up your files.  The other thing I definitely want to get across is that even though I have been editing, beginning to work on a slideshow, and getting ready for an art that is at the end of this month it all takes time management.  There are days when I want to tell you how in Lightroom (a great tool for keeping track of photos and editing them) how many photos I edited throughout the week, but see that is the parts of photography you did not come to read about.  So I am here to give you advice that you may never hear.  I am hear to tell you stop and look around every once awhile.  Drive a different route to work and you will notice something that you really want to photograph and remember.  I take way too many photographs and I have a probably with deleting them from my phone and laptop once I know they are on my hard-drive.  I am a photographer and I take way too many photographs which is takes up a lot of space.
     My favorite hard drive at the moment is the Lacie Rugged hard drive.  It has two different types of ways you can plug it into your laptop.  I would also suggest when setting up a hard drive that you use folders to separate your different projects.  Good Luck backing-up and Thanks for reading.


As always do not forget to follow Allie Ray Photography on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment