Monday, March 9, 2015

Planning

     I am a planner.  In the business world this a good thing (or so I think it is a good thing).  I have my schedule on my phone which connects to my laptop and my iPad.  I also have my schedule written down on a weekly calendar.   I have written down on a sheet of paper in my work area when the bills are to be paid and when the business taxes are due.  I have everything organized.  I like everything a certain way.  I think way too much about which pieces to put in an event.  I sometimes forget the little things like laundry, cleaning, and other daily tasks.  Somehow though between my part-time job, checking on dogs (which I have now gotten dog sitting jobs!), babysitting, and photography everything gets accomplished.  I really am not sure how though.
     This week I decided which images to put in the Gateway gala "Off the Wall" event which you can read more about here.  This will be the third year I will be participating in this event.  I really enjoy donating my artwork and having it benefit a good cause.  When it comes to getting my pieces ready for an event I like to have time.  I have to make digital skins, gold or silver leaf the boards, and let them dry.  As an artist, I have to leave room for the errors.  This is why I plan everything out and when one minor thing does not go my way I remember it will work out.  I take a deep breathe and always see if I need a quick break.  Now here are two of the pieces for the Gateway gala event before they are on gold or silver leaf boards.



Thank you for reading the blog and please follow Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for more updates.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment